Opera Night!

 I was passing by the woods

On a windy night-dark,

Something strange happened

Leaving me with a mark!


As the night went darker

I felt my body tremble,

A sudden howl of a wolf

Made my heart crumble



At far-off came a light

That made me doubt my sight,

As it grew bigger

Ahead came up a figure!


It was a doe

Looking at its best,

Gave a little tune

Followed by the rest!


Fountains' murmuring

Trees' rustling,

Gave a sort of touch-up

Soaring my spirits up!


Birds' tunings

And the bees' buzzing,

Added glamour to the

Casts' rhyming


The fireflies' swirling

Made a ring of fire,

That put me on spotlight

The scene was at its top

And was visible to me

As a fairy tale on-sight!


~Aryaman Mishra

Comments

  1. Beautifully Composed 👌 Loved the Use of poetic devices . Could feel the Music 🎵 in the air . Enjoyed reading it. Keep it up ! God bless .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vivid and mesmerising, My dear! I could imagine myself in those woods. I thought the wolves would have a larger role to play in the saga though.
    You must write more. There is plenty more where this came from!
    Love, Bobby Mamu

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing!!! Loved the rhyme and the tune set. Very vivid imagery. The rhythm created was very good. I loved the way you have showcased the fear of unknown but also the urge to explore. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment